With Dryfta, your abstract submission management is a breeze. Collect proposals & talks, assign submissions to reviewers and make decisions on their acceptance. Save time with automated notifications for notifying authors & reviewers.
The full-service abstract management software built for academia.
Powering the online abstract management and review processes for universities & nonprofits.
Dryfta helps you manage your abstract submission process from start to finish
Maximize abstract submissions by creating separate form for each submission type, setting due dates and managing a team of reviewers.
- set deadlines for collecting abstract submissions
- limit the number of co-authors allowed per submission
- control submissions intake per submission type
- create multiple submission types including individual & panel submissions
- create separate set of custom fields for each submission type
- allow multiple file uploads including pdf and mp4
- enable automated or manual assignments
- choose from single or double blind review process, and many more.
Manage and assign submitted abstracts & proposals
- set abstract status to accept/reject and notify authors and co-authors automatically
- export abstracts to CSV & PDF
- filter abstracts by custom data points
- sort by abstract rating and abstract status
Automated or manual abstract assignments
- set deadlines for submitting reviews
- enable automated assignment to assign abstracts to reviewers on a random basis or by topic match
- filter & assign multiple abstracts to multiple reviewers instantly using the manual Bulk Assignment tool
- set a limit on how many abstracts can be assigned per reviewer and how many reviewers can be assigned per abstract
- enable open review to allow reviewers to discuss an abstract (using built-in discussions platform) before reviewing
- in-depth reporting to track abstract submissions, reviews submitted, authors & reviewers
Simplified abstracts and review submission forms
- allow authors, whose abstracts have been accepted, to re-submit their abstracts
- option to allow co-authors to edit abstracts
- disable automated email notifications to co-authors on registration and abstract submission
- enable/disable double blind review
- view submitted abstracts in backend dashboard
One dashboard for authors to submit & manage abstracts, update registration details, purchase tickets and more
- display abstracts in author’s public profile
- allow submitting author to choose multiple presenters for an abstract
- enable final presentation file upload field for authors for accepted abstracts
- option to collect conference-specific information along with abstract submission
- pre-built & customizable email templates to communicate with authors & reviewers
One dashboard for reviewers to review & manage the assigned abstracts
- allow reviewers to re-submit reviews on accepted abstracts
- create file upload fields for reviewers to upload supporting documents
- enable rebuttal settings to let reviewers post feedback on abstracts and notify authors automatically
- update abstracts status (accepted/rejected) and notify authors using Bulk Status Update
- add multiple ratings & scales for better, in-depth reviewing
- enable discussion tool to let reviewers discuss an abstract with other reviewers before submitting their reviews
Conference proceedings – Publish abstract book in PDF & CSV formats
- choose front and back cover for the abstract book.
- option to add a background watermark on each page of the abstract book.
- add messages and keynotes from chairman, organizing committee and other dignitaries.
- choose abstracts (accepted, rejected or both) you want to publish in the abstract book.
- select fields you want to display in abstract book for abstracts, authors and reviewers.
Abstract grading & evaluation
Instead of a simple Thumbs Up/Down buttons, Dryfta lets reviewers evaluate abstracts with custom questions including ratings and file upload fields.
- reviewers can rate abstracts on different criteria
- customizable evaluation fields
- on review submission, system calculates & generates the average rating of the reviewed abstract – which helps event chair in fast decision making
- scales & ratings fields to rate abstracts on multiple criteria
Feedback management (rebuttal)
Reviewers can send feedback to authors during the evaluation process.
- authors receive automated email notifications with reviewer’s feedback
- to prevent disclosing any confidential information, replies sent by authors are first received and moderated by a committee member
- on approval of the author’s reply, it is automatically sent to the reviewer
- all feedback and replies are logged under abstract’s detail in admin backend
Collect payments on abstract submissions and for accepted abstracts
- create tickets to be purchased by authors for submitting abstracts
- authors can pay submission fees through credit card, purchase order or PayPal
- filter through abstracts which are paid for
Fully customizable forms for abstract submissions, review submissions & attendee registration
- choose from various field types including inputbox, checkboxes, file upload fields, yes/no question, multi-select dropdown and more.
- add conditional fields in the submission & review forms
- set access control on fields for guest users and logged-in users
Import abstracts into Dryfta and Export latest abstract information
- import tool to update & import the abstracts via CSV
- export abstracts (in CSV format) to view it in a spreadsheet
- option to download the abstracts and reviews in PDF format
- create custom reports and share with external users through secure URL
- sort & filter abstracts by types, topics and custom fields and download in CSV format
Automated email notifications
- authors are automatically notified by the system when they register, submit abstract or any other related activities
- make decision on abstracts and let system notify authors automatically
- customize automated notifications
- customize invoice notifications sent to authors on making a payment
- send bulk update to authors, submitters and reviewers
Panel submissions – submit abstracts together
- authors can group abstracts and submit them as preformed panels and symposiums
- after organizer has submitted a panel intro, each speaker must then submit his/her own abstract
- panel submissions can be reviewed and accepted as a whole unit with option to enable individual reviewing
- if authors are unable to submit abstracts on their own, admins can add their abstracts to the panel from the backend
Multi-tier abstract submissions
- Enable multi-tier abstract submission to allow authors to submit abstracts and final presentations:
- authors submit their abstracts; then, reviewers review the assigned abstracts.
- The decision-making committee accepts the top-scoring abstracts and notifies the accepted authors to submit their final papers.
- split your review process into multiple stages eg., screening, focused review, followed by a final review
- create review stages with separate deadlines
- customize review questions as per the review stage
- assign specific reviewers for each stage
- view scores for abstracts in a review stage and move qualified abstracts to the next stage
Searchable abstract archive with interactive posters
- cloud-based, searchable index of abstracts and papers – by title, type, topic, author names, keywords
- voting system to collect upvotes for poster awards
- ‘like’ button to make it easy for visitors to favorite an abstract
- live chat button under each poster to ask questions from presenters
- browse presenters’ profiles, their associated sessions and the abstracts they have submitted
- Collect abstracts and session proposals with various abstract submission configurations
- Set separate deadlines for each submission type
- Abstract archive with option to display all or accepted abstracts with authors’ names, ratings and summary.
- Abstract submissions & review reporting & analytics
- Sort abstracts by number of reviews, ratings, authors, reviewers
- Assign multiple abstracts to multiple reviewers
- Author dashboard for authors to submit abstracts, manage personal program sessions, update profile
- Auto save for all fields in the abstract submission form to prevent any loss of data
- Display custom fields in co-author addition form
- Admin-moderated communication between reviewers and authors for submission feedback (rebuttal)
- Option for reviewers to upload a file in reviewer’s feedback form
- Participation Certificate Builder to design and generate participation certificates for all attendees
- Acceptance letter builder to create acceptance letter and send a cover letter and acceptance letter PDF to authors whose abstracts have been accepted
- Automated notifications to speakers, authors, and reviewers
- Twilio integration to send SMS notifications to attendees
- Send mass SMSs to all or selected registrants at once
- Public display of published abstracts with choice for authors to display/hide
- Export abstracts into PDF and CSV formats
- Generate a PDF listing all the reviews submitted by reviewers for an abstract
- Generate a PDF listing all the abstracts assigned to the reviewer
- Accept online payments, using credit cards, from authors for accepted abstracts
- Collect online payments from authors for submitting abstracts. Authors then would not be able to submit abstracts until the payment is confirmed.
- Option to allow submitting author to choose multiple presenters for an abstract
- Option to disallow author from making updates to abstract once it is assigned for review
- Option to allow author to revise their submissions if requested by the reviewer, even if the deadline has lapsed
- Fetch accepted abstracts’ data to create program sessions automatically
- Fields to create abstract submission form including PDF/Image upload, Multiple choice, Select boxes, Comments
- Sort abstracts by topics, reviewers, authors, abstract status
- Create & Publish abstract book with multiple fields & settings to choose from.
- Customizable instructions for authors and reviewers for registration and submissions
- Option to upload PDF, PPT, Docx, audio, video and zip files among other file formats
- Automatic and manual assignment of papers to reviewers based on topics selected by the reviewers
- Automated email notifications to authors, reviewers, admins for various actions performed on the platform
- Option to make submission type as mandatory and hide “None” option under abstract settings.
- Option to attach abstract PDF with the abstract submission confirmation email.
- Reorder button in Abstract topics to change ordering of the abstract topics
- Option to reorder fields for each submission type in abstract submission form
- Option to send notification to reviewers when abstract is updated by author.
- Option to display associated sessions in abstract archive
- Option to set separate abstract intake for each submission type
- Save & Submit Later button in Review Submission Form so reviewers can save reviews and submit them later.
- Option to enable Voting on submitted abstracts if abstract public listing is enabled
- Option to select usertypes to allow specific usertypes to be able to submit abstracts for given submission type.
- Option to set maximum number of abstracts that can be submitted per author for each submission type.
- Option to choose panel directors to whom the review submission notification should be sent.
- Option to import abstracts from under abstract management system.
- Option to choose and display link to download presentation files in abstract archive.
- Ability to add multiple abstracts in a single submission when panel/roundtable type is selected for a submission type.
- When an abstract in a panel is assigned to a reviewer, all other abstracts in the panel shall be assigned too, to that reviewer.